http://sumarplant.ro/franciye/2508 Data Migration and Conversion play a vital role in the implementation of ERP software. Simply put, it is transfer of data, which is required in instances such as a) up gradation of software to its newer versions b) addition of modules to the existing software or c) merger with another company. While Data Migration is the process of transferring voluminous data from the existing system of the client to the new system, Data Conversion is the process of converting data from one structural form to that in the new system to which it is to be migrated. It is most often required to be converted to the structure and design of Oracle Applications. Data Conversion is easier to execute when the new system is already set up. Data Migration is possible between different kinds of systems like from a customized IT system to standalone databases or spread sheets.meilleurs sites rencontre quГ©bec
Why conversion / Migration is more important in ERP
go here Before the software goes into the production environment of the required master data, the open transaction data and the historical transaction data need to be imported from the old legacy applications to Oracle Applications. Since data structure and data design in legacy systems are different from those of Oracle Applications, data need to be messaged/ converted satisfying the business rules to suit the Oracle requirement. Initial data can be migrated by any other means depending upon certain parameter like Volume, usage, complexity, business rule etc.http://blossomjar.com/pacinity/1878
How we Define Data Conversion?
- Process where existing data from the client’s old system is extracted, cleansed, formatted, and installed into a new system.
- These can be manual or automated.
- The big difference is that these are One-time only process that requires extensive testing and preparation.
- They must be executed and performed before a system goes into production.
What is an Interface?
- These are programs for connection between Two Systems In Order To Synchronize the Data.
- They can be Manual, Batch or Real-Time.
- Used Repeatedly and Should Therefore Be Designed and Constructed In the Most Efficient Manner Possible.
- These can Be Triggered by an Event (Such As Running A Concurrent Program) Or It Can Be Scheduled To Run At A Certain Time.
- Can Be Very Costly To Construct And Maintain.
Does the convesion / migration / interface have life Cycle?
- Yes, they have, because significant efforts required in development, design and implementation.
- The functional Designer works with business owners to determine the data mapping and complete the functional design using Design Templates.
- If the interface/conversion is automated, the Technical Designer converts functional requirements into technical specs for the construction of the interface programs.
- The developer uses the functional and technical designs to build and test the interface/conversion programs.
- More rounds of testing are done until the interface/conversion is migrated to the production environment for deployment.
- Conversion is assumed to be one time activity but in reality small activity which can be performed within a couple of days.